To celebrate the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci our school, which proudly bears his name, has decided to organize an Italian language course dedicated to the great Genius.
The program we have developed includes Italian language lessons in the morning plus meetings, activities and guided visits to the “world of Leonardo”.
This week represents a unique opportunity to get to know Leonardo da Vinci, his works, his studies and his life, in the places that most inspired his training.
Guided by Monica, our expert History of Art teacher, you will be able to experience first hand the work of Leonardo and to know interesting details of his life.
Here are some of the activities included in the program:
- “Introduction to Leonardo” - let’s discover Leonardo’s training, the beginning of his studies about landscapes in painting, up to his time in Milan and his last period in France.
- “The places of Leonardo’s life” - walk around Florence: Bottega del Verrocchio, Ospedale S.M. Nuova, his father’s house.
- Tour in Vinci: Leonardo’s Birthplace and the Museum dedicated to him (which currently holds the exhibition “Alle origini del Genio”).
- Visit to the exposition “Leonardo da Vinci e la Botanica” in the Cloister of Santa Maria Novella in Florence.
- Visit to the Uffizi Gallery: “The Renaissance Rooms”.
DATES OF THE COURSE:
- from the 30th of September to the 4th of October 2019
- from the 11th to the 15th of November 2019
Price of the course: € 420 per person (A registration fee of € 70 must be paid at first enrollment, valid for 12 months)
What is included in the price:
- Italian language course (4 lessons per day from Monday to Friday).
- 2 extra lessons about the World of Leonardo.
- Guided visits with Monica.
- Entrance to museums.
- Transportation for the excursions outside Florence.